To customers using Rinnai Instantaneous Gas Water Heaters Has your model been inspected?
We are conducting free inspections on the small, open-type water heater manufactured by our company. Please contact us if your model has not been inspected.
Immediate inspection is necessary in case of the following:
- Danger If the flame goes out frequently during use
- If this happens, it means that the device for preventing incomplete combustion is on. Please stop using the heater and contact us for an immediate inspection as this state is dangerous.
- Danger If the flame in the slot for checking ignition is yellow
- The flame should be blue under normal conditions. If the flame
is yellow, there is a risk of incomplete combustion.
If the water heater has been used for over 10 years
There may be deterioration due to age, such as clogaina
Please follow the safety instructions below.
- When using a small,
open-type water heater,
please be sure to turn on a ventilation fan or open a window for ventilation.
If there is inadequate ventilation, it is possible that a fatal accident caused by carbon monoxide poisoning could occur. Please do not use a small, open-type water heater and a bath heater with a single exhaust pipe (stove pipe) simultaneously.
- Please do not use a small, open-type water heater and a bath heater with a single exhaust pipe (stove pipe) simultaneously.
The toll-free number for inspections of small, open-type water heaters
Notice on usage of gas instantaneous water heater
Please make sure of ventilating the room! When ventilation is not sufficient,
it might lead to the CO Poisoning accident, and its worst case, it might cause fatal accident.
Whenever you use gas instantaneous water heater, please be sure that you ventilate the room
- While you are using gas instantaneous water heater, please turn the ventilation fan or range food on, or please open windows and ventilate
vithout fail because the air in the room comes to be polluted.
*Please pay your attention especially while using air conditioner.
Please do not extend with additional hose.
Please do not extend with something to the water heater.
- When you use water heater long time with extended hose or something in order to fulfill hot water to the bathtub, or to use shower, it might causes the danger of polluting air in the room and makes incomplete combustion. Therefore, please stop this kind of usage.
Notice on cases when the safety device works and make its combustion stop.
When incomplete combustion is caused , its safety device will make the combustion stop. When you face such cases, please contact Rinnai customer service center or gas water heater shops near your house.
It is possible that CO is generated when water heater stops combustion while your using. If you ignite it again and use it repeatedly, it might lead to the CO poisoning accident.
Causes of safety devises working are...
- lack of oxygen (by using it long time)
- block in heat exchanger (by aged deterioration)