Tabletop gas stove and built-in-stove

Tabletop gas stove and built-in-stove

Problems that could be caused by incorrect usage

It is dangerous to improperly use a product. Please consult the user manual for proper usage.

Actual case A user was using a tabletop gas stove/ built-in-stove without proper care.

Since the grill has been continuously used for a long period of time without cleaning, accumulated grease caught on fire.

A thermo-sensor, which had been continuously left in an unclean condition, stopped functioning properly. As a result, grease caught on fire.

Actual case A user left a combustible item near equipment while it was in use.

A user left a combustible item near a tabletop gas stove/built in-stove while it was in use. This caused a fire.

A stove was used while an inflammable spray-can sat nearby. Heat caused the spray-can to explode and a user was injured.

Actual case A user was injured by cleaning with his/her bare hands.

A user wiped the inside of a grill stove with his/her bare hands, and his/her hand was cut.

Actual case A user did not attend a stove while it was on.

While a user was cooking, he/she left the stove to go out and go to sleep. The stove grew excessively hot and caused an unexpected accident such as a fire.

Caution
The temperature of the item which is cooked will be abnormally high, which could cause an unexpected accident such as a fire.
Please do not leave your stove unattended, especially when you are cooking fried food or using a grill stove.
When you need to leave to take a phone or receive a guest at a door, please make sure to turn it off.
Actual case A stove was used for a long time without ventilation.

A user used a stove in an airtight room by turning off a fan. As a result, he/she began to feel sick. Meanwhile, the lack of air caused incomplete combustion.

Caution
When a stove is used, please make sure to ventilate either by using a fan or opening a window.
When a user keeps using a stove in an environment with insufficient ventilation, he/she may suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning due to incomplete combustion. In the worst case, this could result in a fatality.
Actual case A user left a rubber tube under a stove while it was in use.

Because a user was operating the stove while a rubber tube lay under it, the heat from the grill stove caused the rubber to melt. This caused a gas leak, and the equipment was burned.

While a user was cooking, the material on the stove suddenly boiled, causing a cooking pot to jump up, splashing boiling liquid everywhere.

Caution
There are cases where liquids boil suddenly. While liquid including water, milk, soy milk, alcohol, miso soup or coffee, is warmed up, sudden boiling is triggered by a small action such as by shaking the pot or adding salt or sugar. When canned/bottled food or liquid is heated directly, this could also happen.
When this phenomenon occurs in the middle of cooking, the pot may jump up or the hot liquid might splash. This may cause burns to users.
To prevent this type of accident, please pay attention to the following:
  • - To warm up miso soup, thick soup such as curry and bolognese sauce, etc., please use a low heat and stir occasionally. (Please do not use a high heat for quick warm-up.)
  • - Please cool down a very hot soup a little before adding seasoning such as salt and sugar.
  • - Please use the heat power which is appropriate to the size of the pot.
Actual case The quantity of oil was insufficient to fry food, or an ingredient with high water content was fried, causing oil to splash and catch on fire.
Caution
For frying food such as Tempura, please use a cooking stove with a thermo-sensor as the picture on the right indicates.
* A thermo-sensor is installed for all cooking stoves of recent products.
To fry food, please use sufficient oil for ingredients to be perfectly covered. The amount of oil shall be no less than 200ml.
When the amount of oil is not sufficient from the beginning or it is reduced, it may catch on fire. When a pot with a large diameter, such as a frying pan, is used, it may catch fire if all ingredients are not covered with cooking oil.
In addition, please do not use excessive amount of oil or an amount which is not appropriate to the size of the pot. When an excessive amount of oil is used, it could cause unexpected accident such as fire since oil is heated up and expands.
Please do not fry food leaving frozen ingredients attached to the center of the bottom of the pot.
When food is cooked with frozen ingredients attached to the center of the bottom of the pot, which is a contact point of the thermo-sensor, the sensor does not correctly detect the temperature of the bottom of the pot. This may cause a fire.
Please do not repeatedly use the same cooking oil. Please do not use cooking oil which is discolored into brown, is unclear or contains batter due to multiple uses. This creates conditions which could lead to fire.
Do not overcook.
Please pay extra-attention to ingredients with high water-content such as Tofu and those which could easily explode such as croquette coated with bread-crumbs. If they are overcooked, oil may splash and cause burn injuries, and/or a fire.
Actual case Since a grill stove was repeatedly used for ingredients with high fat-content (such as a Pacific saury and chicken), oil accumulated in the grill and food caught on fire.
Caution
Please make sure to put some water (about 200ml) in a tray of a grill stove. When a grill stove is used, please change water and remove accumulated oil. (For a type with a water-tray)
When there is no water, food and accumulated grease may be heated up and ignite, and flames may come out from an exhaust slot of a grill stove. Please pay extra-attention to ingredients with high fat-content (such as chicken). When a grill stove is continuously used, please change water and remove grease every time. Please do not use anything but water.
* There is a type which does not require a water-tray.
After using a grill stove, please clean up the grill tray.
In some cases, accumulated grease in a grill tray may heat up and catch fire.
Please clean the inside of a grill stove.
In some cases, accumulated grease in a grill tray may heat up and catch fire.
When inspecting or cleaning a stove, please wait until it cools down and use gloves to clean to avoid a burn or being cut with a sharp edge on the equipment.
* When food or accumulated grease ignites, please turn off all buttons and switches. Until the fire goes off, do not open the door of the grill stove. If you open the door, your face and hands may get burned.
Please do not cover the exhaust slot of a grill stove with a towel or a dishcloth.
It could cause incomplete combustion and fire.
Actual case After using a cooking stove for a while, an adjacent wall started discoloring and scorching.
Caution
Caution
Please keep a sufficient distance between a tabletop gas stove and a wall.
To use a cooking stove, keep a sufficient distance from nearby walls.
Even when the exterior of a wall is stainless steel or tiles, if its interior material is combustible (wood), heat emanating from the stove may cause a fire.
If it is impossible to keep a sufficient distance, please use a heat insulating plate.
If you would like to purchase a heat insulating plate, please visit Rinnai's official parts sales site, R. STYLE (Rinnai Style), or contact your retailer or a Rinnai office near you.

Rinnai's official parts sales site, R. STYLE (Rinnai Style)

Tabletop gas stove and built-in-stove