Gas hot-water unit

Gas hot-water
unit

Problems that could be caused by incorrect usage

It is dangerous to improperly use a product. Please consult the user manual for proper usage.

Actual case Equipment was used without removing a cover left on for the painting of an exterior wall. Abnormal ignition was caused and the equipment was deformed.
Caution
In some cases, the equipment or its air supply and exhaust opening parts are temporarily covered by users with material such as vinyl during the painting of exterior walls etc. Please do not use the equipment with these covers still on.
It could cause abnormal ignition or carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
Actual case A mattress, which was not in use, was left leaning on a hot-water unit. A user used the equipment without removing the mattress. The mattress caught on fire and a fire started.
Actual case After equipment was installed, it was enclosed with concrete block walls. Smooth ventilation was blocked, and it caused incomplete combustion.
Caution
Please keep equipment installed outdoors exposed to the air. Do not enclose it during the extension or reconstruction of a house.
(Do not enclose using a corrugated plate or a vinyl sheet.)
There is a risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and fire due to incomplete combustion.
Actual case Water was leaking from equipment, but a user kept using it. The leaked water covered a burner, and caused incomplete combustion.
Actual case A user repeatedly tried to turn the unit on, causing gas to fill the equipment. When it finally switched on, abnormal ignition occurred and deformed the equipment.
Actual case A user set the water temperature too high. The water became too hot.
Caution
  • A user set the water temperature too high. The water became too hot.
  • When taking a shower, please check the water temperature first with your hand.
  • During and immediately after use, the temperature of the equipment's main body, exhaust pipe and its immediate surroundings becomes high. Please do not touch these areas.
Actual case A hot-water unit was used while a window near the outdoor equipment was open, and exhaust flew in the house.
Caution
If exhaust flows indoors during the use of outdoor equipment or an air-tight system bath boiler (BF system), there may be an unpleasant smell or people may feel sick. Please close the window near the equipment while a gas appliance is used.
If the surroundings of an exhaust slot are covered with soot or people felt sick while a gas appliance is used, there is a possibility of incomplete combustion. Please immediately contact your retailer or Rinnai.
Actual case Equipment installed outdoors was used with its air supply and exhaust pipe covered or clogged. This affected burning conditions and caused incomplete combustion.
Caution
When a gas bath boiler or a gas hot-water heater is placed indoors, it is required to install an adequate air supply and exhaust facility according to laws and regulations.
When there is a problem with an air supply and exhaust facility, there is a risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
The installation has to be handled by someone who has national qualification.
After the installation, please check if a label to indicate the correct installation is attached. (Excluding a small hot-water heaters)
Please pay attention to air supply and exhaust vents.
1. Please clean an air supply vent of a building if it is clogged with waste. Please do not block an air supply vent of a building.
There is a risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning due to incomplete combustion.
2. Do not enclose the end of an exhaust pipe (the end of a chimney) during the extension or reconstruction of a house.
Do not cover an exhaust vent with a corrugated plate, a vinyl sheet or a protection sheet used for painting.
There is a risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and fire due to incomplete combustion.
* Do not allow the top of an exhaust pipe to become covered with snow.Also take care that snow does not slide from the roof onto the top of the exhaust pipe.
If snow is likely to cover the pipe, please remove it. During the operation, please pay careful attention to your safety. When the top of the pipe is covered with snow, the exhaust air flows backwards to the inside of the building, causing carbon monoxide poisoning.
If there is a risk that snow may slide from the roof which could cover or damage the top of the air supply and exhaust pipe, please request a professional to install snow guard equipment.
Gas hot-water
unit